The KSKCET Library was established on the year 2011; our institution encourages all the Students & Staff members to make the best use of library. Our Library was built up area of 411sq.m, Accommodating collections of specialized books, Journals & Non-book materials related to Science & Humanities, Engineering & Technology and General knowledge. The Central Library is replete with 11423 Volumes of 2249 Title of Books, 584 CDs. The Central Library Subscribes to 30 National Journals, 30 International Journals.
Library Collection Details
|Total no of Titles||Total no of Volumes|
Department Wise Book Details
|S.No||Department||Total No. of Titles||Total No. of Volumes|
|5||SCIENCE & HUMANITIES||361||2023|
JOURNALS : National 30 Nos
International 30 Nos
PROJECT REPORTS : 107
CD’s : 584
The Hindu, The Indian Express, Daily Thanthi, Dinakaran, Dinamalar, Hindu Tamil
- Reference Service
- Circulation Service
- E-Access Service
- Digital Library Service
- Photocopying Service
All students, faculty members and Non teaching Staff of the institute are eligible for the membership of the library.
Digital Library section
The digital Library section has Connected 1 mbps internet hub and 15 no of systems are provided for access to the users.
NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
The central library has subscribed the course materials for the following subjects. Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering , Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering.
Institutional Membership of
DELNET (IM-2171), New Delhi
E - Resources:
|IEL Online (IEEE & IET)||http://ieeexplore.ieee.org|
|ASME Journals(American Society of Mechanical Engineering)||http://asmedl.aip.org/journals/doc/ASMEDL-home/jrnls/|
|Mc Graw Hill (General Engineering & Reference)||http://accessengineeringlibrary.com/|
|Springer link 1600+ Journals||http://www.springerlink.com|
|Science Direct (Elsevier)||http://www.sciverse.com|
Library Rules and Regulations
- The College Library will be kept open on all working days from 9.00 am to 5.00pm.
- Strict silence shall be maintained in the library premises.
- Members entering library shall keep their personal belongings outside the library.
- Except loose sheets, no personal belongings like notebooks notes, other books, bags, files and library books already issued will be allowed inside the library.
- The students and faculty members are directed to necessarily insert their ID cards for scanning while entering and leaving from the library.
- Our library follows OPEN ACCESS SYSTEM. Readers should leave the books taken out from the shelves on the table after reference. They shall not replace the books on shelves.
- Always keep your ID card with you.ID card is not transferable.
- Lending of books will be only on production of valid ID cards.
- The books should be returned within a 14 days, from the date of issue, Students, who are returning the books after due date, shall have to pay a fine the rate of Rs.1.00 per day.
- Journals and Magazines will not be issued.
- The Staff/Students shall return the books as and when they are called back by the Librarian.
- Before borrowing the book, the member must make sure that the book lent is in good condition and the pages are intact.
- Any book if in the opinion of the Librarian is not in good condition, will not be issued.
- If the book lost or damaged is one in a set and if not separately obtainable the student shall replace the whole set or pay the value thereof.
- Before leaving the counter, one must satisfy himself / herself as to whether the book lent to him /her is in good condition and if not, he/she is liable to be held responsible for the replacement of the book with a new edition.
- If a book is not returned on or before the due date another book will not be issued.
- Books (Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Year Books, Manuals, Tables, Question paper etc… and other reference materials) in the reference section will not be lent at any cost.
- Members should not write upon or make any mark or damage any book or back volumes belonging to the Library.
|Category||No. of Books Issued||Loan Period|
|Students||03||14 Days With One Renewal|
|Teaching Faculties||06||3 Months|
|Non-Teaching & Admin staff||02||1 Month|
Loss of Library Cards:
- Loss of ID shall be reported immediately to the librarian in prescribed form available in the library enquiry counter to enable the librarian to lock the ID numbers.
- Duplicate ID will be obtained from the office on payment of Rs.50/- (Each Card)
- Even if duplicate ID is issued, the members will continue to be responsible for any loss arising from the inadvertent or misuse of ID lost and the library will not accept any responsibility in this regard.
Loss of Books:
- Loss of books issued, if any, should be reported to the librarian immediately in the prescribed form.
- If the borrowed book is lost the borrower should either replace a new copy of the book or remit double the cost of the book as fine.
- Any mischievous activity by the student such as exchange of library cards, cutting of pages, figures, and stealing will be seriously dealt with. The punishment may be to the extent of expulsion from the college.
- No user shall deface the library books by underlining or scribbling notes etc. in the margins or elsewhere.
- Library books are assets to the college and hence it is the responsibility of all members to protect the library books against wanton and willful damage, mutilation, theft and other malpractices.